A month or so ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Haven and Aliza from Musings and Books and Raven from Dreamy Addictions. I just want to thank both of you so much for nominating me!! I have linked their posts on their names so you can check out both of their amazing blogs!
So, to business! The Liebster Award is a chain award that passed around the blogosphere to spread the word about other blogs, which in my opinion is a pretty awesome idea (so thanks to whoever created this!)!! Basically the rules are:
- Answer the eleven questions that were asked by the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (if possible).
- Notify them in their blog to say that they have been nominated.
- Ask them 11 questions that they’ll answer.
- Repeat steps for as many times as you get nominated! 😀
Since I was nominated by two different blogs, I decided to answer both sets of questions in one post so if that’s okay let’s start!
Let’s start with the questions from Haven and Aliza. J
- Who is your favourite female and male character from any book/series?
Argh!! This is such a hard question but I think I’m going to go with Tessa and Will from The Infernal Devices for a number of reasons which would be way too long to list now.
- Do you prefer buying books or going to the library and checking them out?
I’d have to go with buying books since I don’t feel so pressured to read them by the due date and I can also put them on my bookshelf and stare at their beauty for eternity. 😉
- What are your favourite book-to-movie adaptations?
So definitely The Hunger Games, especially Catching Fire and The Fault In Our Stars because I loved how loyal to the book it was.
- Which character from any book/series would you like to be for a day?
Argh, again so many possibilities!! I think I’d like to be Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments, even though I may die, at least I’ll get to be with Simon! 😛
- Sarcastic characters: amazing or irritating?
Amazing! My life wouldn’t be the same without them!
- What irritates you the most in a certain book?
Hmm, probably completely unnecessary love triangles. I hate it when force in a love triangle when there is a totally clear winner and the other character could just be a great best friend. SO ANNOYING!!
- What’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to reading habits/behaviours?
I absolutely hate when people fold the book covers right over while reading. It just makes me want to pull the books out of their hands and demand they hold it properly. Please tell me I’m not the only one that feels this way??
- What are your thoughts on DNFing?
I personally really don’t like not finishing a book. Even if I’m completely hating a book I am determined to stick with it till the end or if I do put it down, I promise myself I’ll pick it back up again another time. Because of this I only have a couple of books I DNF but I’m definitely not against other people not finishing books. I think people can make their own choices when it comes to finishing books or not. 🙂
- What book do you think has one of the most unique concepts ever?
I think I’m going to go with Daughter of Smoke and Bone my Lani Taylor. I have only read the first book but it was completely unlike anything I had ever read before and was definitely what I would call unique, but in the very best way!
- Do you think you would make a good author?
While I definitely wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to be an author I really don’t think I’d make a good one. Writing is always something I’ve loved to do but never been really good at. I think I really lack a creative enough imagination and don’t have that natural talent at putting words together that authors really need to be successful. But anyway, I’ll probably always try writing various things whether or not I’m good at it or not. J
- How do you find new books to read?
Mostly online from various booktubers and book bloggers as well as on websites such as goodreads and buzzfeed. Occasionally I find new books from recommendations from friends and from my local bookstore and school library.
Now onto the questions from Raven!
- Name your top five favourite books released this year?
I’m assuming this means books coming out this year that I have already read so those are Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider, A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J Maas, The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski, All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
2. Who is your Top three book boyfriends and why?
Sam Kinnison from Life In Outer Space by Melissa Keil- Sam is just super nerdy and hilarious and I just feel like we’d get along really well together.
Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- I really loved Thorne while reading Cress and even though he’s not your typical hero I still found him super swoon worthy and I think he’s just be a great bookish boyfriend.
William Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- Will is pretty much the perfect package and everything I would look for in a boyfriend.
- If given a chance to be a character in your favourite book which character would you like to be and why?
So one of my many favourite books is Clockwork Princess and I would LOVE to be Tessa I love the world and time period of the book and series and of course, there’s Will Herondale. There are a few other reasons but they are slightly spoilery so I’m not going to mention them. 😛
- A good book that you would recommend to a friend? We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach!! This book is amazing! Go read it now!!! 😀
- Where is your favourite place to read?
Probably my bed because it’s always super comfy!. 😛
- Do you prefer to read at Morning or Night?
Hmm probably night because I don’t usually get to read a lot during the morning since I’m usually busy.
- Who’s your top three favourite authors that you would want to meet?
Cassandra Clare, John Green and Rainbow Rowell. And because Cassie is coming to Australia later this year I might have a chance!!
- Which book would you like to have made into a movie adaptation?
There are so many options! But I’m going to have to go with The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer since I think they’d make awesome action-packed movies!!
- How many books do you read in a month and in which format (paperback/eBooks/Hardcover) would you most prefer to read?
It really depends on how much free time I have to whether I have school or holidays, but I’m usually within 2-6 books range. I do prefer paperback and eBooks over hardcovers to read from but I’m not particularly fussy.
- Any funny accidental moments happened in your life while you are lost in a book?
This isn’t super hilarious but I do remember reading the beginning of If I Stay on my bus home and being completely enthralled in it. I was reading the first chapter or so, which turned out to be super sad so I was trying really hard to hold back my tears. I ended up almost missing my stop since I was so desperate to keep reading and see what happened.
- What inspired you to start a blog?
So to be completely honest I was inspired to start my blog after reading Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. I did have a blog earlier last year but I had no idea how to edit it and talk to other bloggers on it so I sort of pushed that one aside and stopped blogging for a while. But for some reason after reading Girl Online I just got a sudden urge to start up and write a new blog, and look, here I am now! 😀
Yay the questions are done now it’s time to nominate people!!
Sorry if any of you have already been nominated, feel free to ignore this one. Though if I haven’t nominated you, I’m very sorry but go ahead and answer the questions anyway and send me a link to your post!
Now for my questions!
- What fictional world would you least like to live in?
- If you could swap the lives of two fictional characters, who would they be and why?
- Do you review every book you read?
- Are you a book blogger or a book blogger and booktuber? Why did you chose to be one or both?
- Most anticipated release of 2016 so far?
- Which author do you own the most books from?
- Which fictional character would you like to be your best friend?
- What are your thoughts on Readathons and how well do you usually do?
- If you were given the opportunity to play any book character in a book to movie adaptation, regardless or age, gender or looks who would you chose and why?
- Do you or did you ever read/write on Wattpad?
- What book have you read recently that made you want to pull your hair out?
I’d just like to thank you guys again from nominating me and sorry for getting back so late! But thank you to everyone for checking out my blog and I’ll talk to you next time!!
Gabby The Dauntless Warlock xx